Once you find a girl that you like, this is no time to be wishy-washy! start thinking of asking her out Women like a man who is confident and takes charge. If you already know her from a social situation, like taking a class together, then approach her directly and ask her if she’d like to go on a date with you. Be clear that it is a date, and not just some friendship outing. Asking Her Out
It helps if you tell her exactly what the date is: “Would you like to go out with me on Saturday? We can see the new Johnny Depp film and then check out that Thai place afterwards.”
Women will be more likely to say yes when they have a clear idea of what to expect instead of a fumbling, “Uh, you wanna do something together on Saturday?”
If you don’t already know the woman from previous encounters (such as if you just met her in a bar), then it is best to just ask for her phone number for starters.
For a first date, you should choose something more casual so you can get to know each other better before deciding whether you want to go on a more serious date. Call her and ask her if she’d like to get coffee or go for a walk. If you ask her out on for a drink, choose a weekday night like Thursday or Sunday.
It will be quieter and she won’t be expecting high-energy fun of the weekend.
Here are some guidelines to remember as you take hanging out up a level to dating.
1. She wants you to ask. Despite the rhetoric you hear about the liberated woman, women still appreciate it when a guy asks her out on a date. They like when men take the initiative. I’ve heard lots of successful young professional women lament the fact that men don’t ask them out. They’re beautiful, smart, and charming, but don’t have a man. Be a man and ask these women out.
2. Asking is easy. Asking a woman out on a date isn’t rocket science. When you ask, though, do it in person or over the phone. If you’re poking a woman you’re interested in on Facebook, you lose any credibility as a man.
3. Keep dates simple. Dates don’t have to be huge, expensive affairs. Keep it simple. If you want to keep things informal, ask her out for lunch or coffee. If you want a more romantic date, invite her over to your place and make dinner for her. She’ll be impressed that you know how to cook. The whole point of dating is to get some one on one interaction with a person to find out if she is someone you’d like to start a long term relationship with. Simple and frequent dates will assist you in this.
4. Prepare for rejection. Face it. Not every woman you ask out is going to say yes. Prepare for that. It’s no big deal if she says no. Think about it. You’re no worse off getting rejected than you were before you asked. You didn’t have a date with her before, you don’t have a date with her now. Your situation has not changed.
5. Just do it, damn it. So what are you waiting for? Quit reading this post right now and pick up your cell phone. Call a woman and ask her on a date. Stop hanging out and start dating. Stop being scared of commitment. Commitment is liberating, not confining.
So When Should You be Asking Her Out?
Like getting married, having a baby, or starting a business, there’s never a right time to ask a girl out on a date. So just go ahead and ask her out if you’re interested. Will she say “no?” Possibly, but you won’t know until you ask.
And even if she says no, you’re no better off than you were before you asked.