Gay Quotes: Gay is a word used to describe someone who is homosexual. Today, the word usually means a person who is sexually attracted to people of the same sex and often that person can be also romantically interested in people of the same sex. the first Gay Pride marches took place in New York, Los Angeles and San Francisco. While there has been tremendous progress since then, LGBT advocates are still working toward a future without discrimination in the workplace and beyond.here are some gay quotes.
- I’m for human lib, the liberation of all people, not just black people or female people or gay people. Richard Pryor
- Being gay isn’t something you choose, but you do face choices about whether and how to discuss it. Pete Buttigieg
- My activism did not spring from my being gay, or, for that matter, from my being black. Rather, it is rooted fundamentally in my Quaker upbringing and the values that were instilled in me by my grandparents who reared me. Bayard Rustin
- I’m trying to appeal to the disenfranchised everybody, not just specifically gay. Sandra Bernhard
- I think the world has a place for gay superheroes, certainly. Stan Lee
- Yes, we become stronger when men and women, young and old, gay and straight, native-born and immigrant fight together to create the kind of country we all know we can become. Bernie Sanders
- The barometer for judging the character of people, in regard human rights, is now those who consider themselves gay, homosexual, lesbian. The judgment as to whether you can trust the future, the social advancement – depending on people – will be judged on where they come out on that question. Bayard Rustin
- It’s better to be a dictator than gay. Alexander Lukashenko
- A gay person in office can set a tone, can command respect not only from the larger community but from the young people in our own community who need both examples and hope. Harvey Milk
- Anita Bryant had the effect of galvanizing the whole gay movement. She was somebody whom everybody could hate. She was easy to hate. Gilbert Baker
- How I can be an active voice for gay people but also the music industry? This is the art we need right now. This is what we need right now. We’re in a renaissance, and we need people to rebel, come forth, and bring messages into art. King Princess
- I went to school in the Bronx. I learned to constantly try to cover up the fact that I was gay. That facade of being somebody I’m really not just to protect myself definitely helped with acting. Guillermo Diaz
- What ‘March’ is saying is that it doesn’t matter whether we are black or white, Latino or Asian. It doesn’t matter whether we are straight or gay. John Lewis
Quotes About Being Gay
- A man is relieved and gay when he has put his heart into his work and done his best; but what he has said or done otherwise shall give him no peace. Ralph Waldo Emerson
- The poetry you read has been written for you, each of you – black, white, Hispanic, man, woman, gay, straight. Maya Angelou
- We need someone who will stand up and speak up and speak out for the people who need help, for people who are being discriminated against. And it doesn’t matter whether they are black or white, Latino, Asian or Native American, whether they are straight or gay, Muslim, Christian, or Jews. John Lewis
- We had gay burglars the other night. They broke in and rearranged the furniture. Robin Williams
- We worship an awesome God in the Blue States, and we don’t like federal agents poking around our libraries in the Red States. We coach Little League in the Blue States and have gay friends in the Red States. Barack Obama
- My cousin’s gay, he went to London only to find out that Big Ben was a clock. Rodney Dangerfield
- We need somebody who’s got the heart, the empathy, to recognize what it’s like to be a young teenage mom, the empathy to understand what it’s like to be poor or African-American or gay or disabled or old – and that’s the criterion by which I’ll be selecting my judges. Barack Obama
- I have a big gay and lesbian following and they’ve been very loyal and kind to me. Dolly Parton
- I think that there’s no doubt that as I see friends, families, children of gay couples who are thriving, you know, that has an impact on how I think about these issues. Barack Obama
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU: Best Sundress Season Meme
- I didn’t know any gay people in my childhood. Dolly Parton
- And we have done more in the two and a half years that I’ve been in here than the previous 43 Presidents to uphold that principle, whether it’s ending ‘don’t ask, don’t tell,’ making sure that gay and lesbian partners can visit each other in hospitals, making sure that federal benefits can be provided to same-sex couples. Barack Obama
- Scoot over, man. I don’t like you that much. Dick. That’s not what you said last night.Bite me. Rachel Caine, Glass Houses
- I believe marriage is between a man and a woman. I am not in favor of gay marriage. But when you start playing around with constitutions, just to prohibit somebody who cares about another person, it just seems to me that’s not what America’s about. Usually, our constitutions expand liberties, they don’t contract them. Barack Obama
- She decided that if Lucas was gay then she was going to have to get a sex change operation. He would be so worth it. Josephine Angelini, Starcrossed
- I see Americans of every party, every background, every faith who believe that we are stronger together: black, white, Latino, Asian, Native American; young, old; gay, straight; men, women, folks with disabilities, all pledging allegiance under the same proud flag to this big, bold country that we love. That’s what I see. That’s the America I know! Barack Obama
Gay Pride Quotes
- We should indeed keep calm in the face of difference, and live our lives in a state of inclusion and wonder at the diversity of humanity.” George Takei “
- Somebody, your father or mine, should have told us that not many people have ever died of love. But multitudes have perished, and are perishing every hour–and in the oddest places!–for the lack of it.” Author James Baldwin “
- I’ve been embraced by a new community. That’s what happens when youre finally honest about who you are; you find others like you.” Chaz Bono “
- The beauty of standing up for your rights is others see you standing and stand up as well.” Advice columnist Cassandra Duffy “
- Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life; define yourself.” Harvey Fierstein ”
- I think being gay is a blessing, and it’s something I am thankful for every single day. “Anderson Cooper“
- I’m living by example by continuing on with my career and having a full, rich life, and I am incidentally gay.” Portia DeRossi “
- When all Americans are treated as equal, no matter who they are or whom they love, we are all more free.” Barack Obama “
- This world would be a whole lot better if we just made an effort to be less horrible to one another.” Ellen Page “
- Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands?”Author Ernest J. Gaines “
- It takes some intelligence and insight to figure out you’re gay and then a tremendous amount of balls to live it and live it proudly.”Jason Bateman“
Funny Gay Quotes
Gay Love Quotes
- “You Know You’ve Found Mr. Right When He Not Only Cuts Your Meat for You But Bandages It For You, Too”
- “If I Fall Asleep Texting You, It’s Because I Didn’t Want to Say Goodbye”
- “You Wanna Know Who I’m in Love With? Read the First Word Again”
- “I Love You With All My Butt! I Would Say My Heart, But My Butt is Bigger!”
- “The Grass is Greener Where You Water It”
- “Don’t Just Look for Mr. Right — Become Him”
Man to Man Gay Relationship Quotes
- The most inherently masculine thing I can do is throw caution to the wind and love you.
- Gay is an understatement, what I feel for you is love!
- My sexual orientation points to nothing more than my love for one man, you.
- Let my loving arms embrace you for all eternity with all the strength of man.
- Society says men aren’t supposed to show emotion or love each other, but my love for you can’t be contained.
Long Distance Love
Gay Marriage Celebration Quotes
- The love I feel for you fills me with such joy and I am so honored that you married me.
- Gay marriage is not only a historical milestone, but an incredible personal one and I’m so grateful to call you my husband.
- Marriage is so much more than a simple piece of paper, to me it’s promising my forever love to my husband.
- We will never look back, from here on out our marriage is the way forward.
- No matter what anyone says, marrying you is the best decision I’ve ever made.
Gay Senior Quotes
- “Let’s get one thing straight: I’m not.”
- I think im going with this lmao
- She done already done had herses
- Try not to suck any dick on your way to the parking lot.
- The only straight I am is straight up bitch
- “Of course I dress well, I didn’t spend all that time in the closet for nothing!”