Fun Graduation Party – Graduation is always caused for celebration. Unfortunately, planning and organizing a party for your graduate can seem like a daunting task. You don’t want to stress yourself (or your budget), but you also want your grad and their friends to have a good time.
To make it easier on you, here are five tips for organizing a fun grad party the whole school will be talking about.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU >>> Graduation Wishes For Nephew From Aunt Or Uncle
The key to planning anything is starting early. The more time you give yourself to organize, the less stress you’ll feel. It doesn’t hurt to start thinking about the graduation party at least a few months in advance. You don’t have to get the ice and sodas yet, but it never hurts to have invitations and other non-perishable decorations on hand early. It just means less work in the future.
Ask What Your Grad Wants
Fun is in the eye of the beholder. What you think is fun might not be for your graduate. So, unless you’re planning a surprise, the best way to ensure a fun graduation party is to simply ask what your grad wants!
Ask your grad a few questions to get an idea of what their perfect party would look like:
- Do they want to be involved in the planning?
- Do they want a large or small party?
- Do they even want a party?
- Are there any essentials they need to have a good time?
Not only will this ensure your grad enjoys themselves at the party, but it also takes away that stressful guesswork that comes along with organizing a party for someone else.
Build Out Your Guest List
Even if you’re planning a massive party with an open-door policy, it’s still a good idea to put together a guest list. A guest list gives you a basic idea of how much of everything you’ll need. There’s nothing worse than having enough food for 30 people and watching 60 come through the door!
Write down a list of everyone you expect to come to the party. Once you see the names on paper, you can get a better idea of how much food, drinks, chairs, tables, and space you’ll need to throw a fun and comfortable party.
Just remember, the guest list isn’t set in stone. Always prepare for a few unexpected guests to show up. The larger the guest list, the more unexpected guests you should consider.
Spread The Word
If you want to have a fun party, you need people to actually show up! That means you have to invite them.
Invitations and announcements are the cornerstones of every graduation party. Today, there are multiple ways to invite people to your grad’s party:
- Paper invitations – Paper invitations are the best way to invite specific guests. You have complete control over the guest list by sending invitations to exactly those you want to show up to. Not only are they fun and personal, but you can also ask guests to RSVP for a more exact count of the guestlist.
- Graduation flyers – Nothing is more fun than a graduation party flyer. Add a silly picture of your grad and put the party details in a fun, bright font. Flyers are great for parties with large guest lists. You can post them around your grad’s school or around the neighborhood.
- Social media announcements – Tell the world about your grad’s celebration! Social media is a great way to announce your graduation party to as many people as possible. Just be prepared for a lot of guests! Instagram post templates are a great way to help you create the perfect (and fun) announcement post.
Tell Your Neighbors
The quickest way to ruin the fun of a graduation party is to have complaints come in. The last thing you want is for the police to show up and shut down your party!
Nobody likes surprises, so when your neighbors are at home and dozens of cars show up with loud music in the background, they’re probably going to be upset. If you tell them about the party in advance, they’re more likely to be understanding. Even if they’re not invited, it’s always a good idea to tell your neighbors about your party, especially if you want to have fun.
Throw Your Grad A Party They’ll Always Remember
The key to organizing a fun graduation party is planning and preparation. Start planning early, write out your guest list, and get the word out. Of course, don’t forget to ask your grad what they want. After all, it is their day! If you follow these tips, you’re certain to have a fun graduation party your grad will remember forever.
Need a little help to get the word out? PosterMyWall has everything you need to promote your graduation party. With dozens of event promotion templates to get everyone excited about your party, you don’t have to be a designer to build professional-looking flyers, social media posts, and videos. With your planning and a little help from PosterMyWall, you’ll be enjoying a killer graduation party in no time.